Please follow these instructions How to Reset Your Windows 10 Local Account Password
- Boot from USB drive
- Open File Manager and go to Windows/System32/config folder
- Copy the full path e.g /media/sda2/Windows/System32/Config
- Now close File Manger
- Open LXTerminal
- Type cd and right click and paste copied earlier path
- Now type chntpw -i SAM or sudo chntpw SAM or chntpw -h
- Follow the instructions
These instructions can be used with any Linux boot able usb drive for example TechUSB or UBUNTO boot able drive.
If you forget Windows 10 password then there are many way to recover it first method is using Windows recovery dvd or USb drive and other is just guessing your password .
There is another method where you can recover Windows 10 password , please follow below :
- Start from Windows 10 USD boot bale or DVD Bootable drive
- Do not install instead Repair Windows
- Now click on Trouble Shooting
- Now open Command Prompt
- now type ren d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe utilman.exe.bak
- copy d:\windows\System32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- Now restart your pc
- now clcik on Ease of Access icon
- You will see a command prompt
- Now type net user test /add
- net localgroup administrators
- test /add
- close command prompt and restart your pc
- Now you will see the test user and you can log on with that
This is also a good way to recover your windows 10 password if lost.
If you still have any problem please contact us here
or call us 01892 544199
I hope it helps you.